Ms. Prior's practice focuses on finance, privacy, technology law, and other areas of corporate law.
She has experience in evaluating privacy and jurisdictional issues for clients responding to governmental investigations, records retention and destruction requirements, litigation hold practices, and ecommerce. She has worked on various compliance programs for US-EU Department of Commerce Safe Harbor certification.
Specifically, Ms. Prior has experience in financial regulatory notices, including notices relating to Regulation Z. Ms. Prior also has experience working with financial service licensing, Regulation B, GLBA, ESIGN, NACHA, state consumer credit laws and other areas of technology and privacy law.
Ms. Prior previously practiced as an attorney in a Washington, D.C. law firm, where she negotiated and drafted contracts and handled general corporate and trademark matters for international shipping clients.
Ms. Prior is licensed to practice in Ohio and in the District of Columbia.
- Assisted a financial service provider with a 50-state licensing, insurance, and bonding compliance program.
- Assisted financial companies with Truth in Lending Act, Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Regulation B compliance issues.
- Assisted a manufacturer with software license issues.
- Assisted multinational corporations with domestic and international privacy compliance.
- Assisted multinational corporations with Safe Harbor self- certification and compliance.
- Assisted an ecommerce company with Safe Harbor self- certification and compliance.
- Assisted financial companies with student loan lending compliance issues.
- Assisted entities with trademark and copyright issues.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D. 1983); University of Virginia (B.S. magna cum laude 1980)